Friday, March 28, 2008

GOING GREEN

DAY 9

I wasn’t exactly shy. But when a college age, hot and dangerously sexy guy asks your name, it’s hard to remember to talk. So…I didn’t. I think I may have grunted.

Brandi giggled. I tore my eyes away from Becker and looked at her. I could see the resemblance. They both had those soft dark curls, kind brown eyes. Of, course Becker’s face wasn’t smiley and open like Brandi’s. No. He had that moody rocker sort of vibe.

I gulped. I was more a blue-eyed, blond-haired type of girl. But, damn. Becker’s dark, tanned skin just about had me panting.

Hm. I may have needed a break from dating. Hadn’t I just gotten totally played a few days ago? Was I really so quick to try it again?

“Stella, huh?” Becker said. “That’s an unusual name.” I caught his eyes in the mirror.

“Yeah. They were going to call me Becker, but they thought it was too common.”

He laughed. I squirmed.

“You’re not from around here, are you?” he asked, alternating his gaze between the street and my mouth.

“Nope. Arizona.”

“Hot.”

“Thanks.”

“No. I mean Arizona’s hot.” He chuckled.

“Oh, right.” Okay. This was fun. “My house is right up there,” I said, motioning to the two-story Craftsman. Then I gasped.

“That your boyfriend?” Becker asked, sounding a little disappointed.

On my porch, sitting on my stairs with his elbows resting on his knees, was Conner. Looking miserable. Adorable.

Brandi turned around to look at me wide-eyed. “Maybe he broke up with Trish.”

I stared out at Conner and he stood up as we pulled to the curb. That hot little bastard had no right being on my porch.

“Maybe I’ll see you around,” Becker said. I nodded absently and pushed open the door.

“Give him hell,” Brandi called after me.

I walked up the porch steps, hearing the car pull away behind me. Conner dropped down slowly, one step at a time until he was directly in front of me.

Then he reached out, grabbed my face, and kissed me.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO! Stella, step away from the Conner!

Suz, I love this story. You rock my world.

I'm going to make my mom read it over lunch. I'll tell you what she thinks.

***Dreamer3702***

P.S. I'm having trouble posting!