Thursday, April 3, 2008

GOING GREEN

Day 10

“He kissed you?” Brandi yelled, darting her eyes around the empty classroom. Good thing I’d told her before class started. I didn’t really need the whole, “the new girl is a slut” reputation. Not when said kiss came from a guy with a GIRLFRIEND!

“Sh…” I took her arm and walked to our lab table. My heart was racing. I didn’t know what to say. I wasn’t stupid. I wasn’t the type to subscribe to the Player of the Month club, but…I still sort of liked Conner.

“Shit,” Brandi said, sinking into her seat. “You like him, huh?”

“No.” Yes I did.

“Well, I suppose it could work out,” she said, sounding doubtful. “Maybe he’ll break up with Trish.”

But even as she said it, I had the feeling that Conner had no intention of breaking up with his girlfriend. I think he just wanted his cake and to eat me too. Metaphorically of course.

“I don’t care what he does,” I said, looking up as other students began to file in the classroom. “I just need to stay away from him.”

“Sort of hard when he’s your neighbor,” she mumbled. She had a point. I sure hoped my power didn’t go off anytime soon.

“Oh,” she squealed, tugging on my sleeve. “My brother invited us to go watch his band tonight. Wanna?”

I gulped. Hot college brother was in a band too? Wasn’t that sort of hotness illegal? “Um… I don’t know, Brandi. I--”

“You’ll go,” she interrupted. “Besides,” she flipped her hair over her shoulder. “Becker thinks you’re hot.” She giggled but I didn’t say a word. I was sweating a little. Because not only did Becker think I was hot, stupid Conner walked in eying me deviously.

Hm. Wonder what Conner would think if I got a boyfriend of my own. I smiled and looked away. Now that had possibilities.
.

2 comments:

Dreamer3702 said...

"I think he just wanted his cake and to eat me too. Metaphorically of course."

HAHAHAHAH! You crack me up!

As always, I loved it and can't wait until you post more.

brittanimae said...

Mmm. Becker. He's my style. :)