Friday, May 23, 2008

GOING GREEN!

I was almost certain it was illegal to ground a seventeen-year-old. But my father did it anyway. Two weeks. No phone. No human contact outside of school. A bit of an overkill. Especially since I’d answered the phone when he’d called. That deserved a pardon on its own.

My punishment was spent ignoring Conner’s “pssts” in class and his girlfriend’s dirty looks in the cafeteria. If Trish thought her squinty green eyes intimidated me, she was sorely mistaken. She was lucky I hadn’t mentioned the fact that her boyfriend was STALKING ME!

Brandi was fascinated by my grounding. She’d even told me that she didn’t know that people “did that” anymore. Yeah. They did.

“So today’s your last day of confinement, right?” she asked, biting into her corndog. The cafeteria was nearly empty as it got close to the end of the period.

“Finally, yes. Do you want to hang out tonight?”

She giggled.

“What?” I pushed my tray away. Hot dogs on a stick repulsed me. I should have picked the mystery meat under the foil.

“Oh, nothing,” she smirked. “Becker and I will come by around eight.”

“Becker?” My voice squeaked. I hadn’t seen Brandi’s brother since that night at the club. The night that he said he liked me. Or sang to me. I couldn’t really remember. The punishment had messed with my memory.

“Yep.” Brandi was grinning and soon, my stomach was knotting up. Becker… was so super hot. Different hot than Conner, who by the way, was still eying me from across the room.

“Sounds fun.” It was all I could think of to say!

“Gross,” Brandi said, tossing down her stick. “Trish is coming this way.”

I looked up to see Conner’s girlfriend walking toward our table, a self-righteous smirk on her face. Ugh. She was such a bitch.

“Let’s go,” I said. I didn’t want to talk to her. But as I got up and began walking, there was a bump in my shoulder. No. She. Didn’t.

I spun around coming face-to-scowl with Trish.

“Oh, excuse me,” she said. Then she leaned in to whisper in my ear. “You keep looking at my boyfriend and I will drop you.”

I laughed and pulled back. She’d obviously forgotten that I wasn’t from Oregon. “Try and touch me,” I said, smiling. “And I will rip every orange ringlet from your oversized head.” Okay, so her head wasn’t all that big, but I knew if I said it, she’d have a complex about it. Mean, yes. But she bumped me!

Her mouth dropped open as she touched protectively at her hair. Then I turned around and walked out of the cafeteria.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you taunt me like this?! No cat fights! She didn't out Conner! You're a TEASE SUZ!



Can I have more tomorrow?

~Dreamer

Lapillus said...

Gah! More!

brittanimae said...

Love it! I like the grounding and the corndog especially. Don't know why, I just do.