Tuesday, June 3, 2008

GOING GREEN

There’s something about getting off grounding. The freedom of it all. It makes you do…really stupid things.

I had barely gotten in the door from school when the phone rang. The bus had just dropped me off, but Brandi was obviously excited about going out tonight. I was too. Her brother and me had some things to talk about. Hopefully with our tongues.

“Hello?” I put the phone to my ear and dropped my backpack on the wood floor of the hallway.

“Hi Stella.”

Shit. Conner. “Why are you calling me? Can’t you stalk from a distance like a normal psycho?” But my heart was beating kind of fast. I didn’t know he knew my phone number.

“I heard you’re going out with that college guy tonight.”

Oh, snap. Was he jealous? “I am.” I smiled. Conner deserved to be jealous. He kissed me and then went back to his girlfriend. The girlfriend he said that he didn’t have.

“That guy’s a tool.” There was a rustling on Conner’s end of the line. It sounded like he was outside. No way.

“What do you want?” I asked, walking slowly to my front door. I swung it open… and there he was, in all of his blond-headed glory. He grinned.

“I want you,” he said into the phone as I stood two feet in front of him.

Okay, my entire body tingled. I was pissed at him, but something about a guy, showing up, looking hot. Ugh. I couldn’t do this.

“Go away,” I said into the receiver and clicked it off dramatically. Conner stood there and slowly brought his phone down. He looked at it, pressed a button and brought it back to his ear. My phone rang in my hand.

I laughed. He was too much. Too much freaking trouble! But I still answered it.

“What are you doing? You are seriously a freak.” I was smiling at him. He’d gotten to me. Again.

“Come out with me, Stella,” he whispered. I shivered. “Come out with ME tonight. Pretty please?”

Not the puppy dog eyes. Damn. I’d just gotten off grounding. I had a date with cute, SINGLE guy. I knew the right thing to do.

“Okay,” I said despite myself. “But this is the last time.”

He grinned.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD STELLA!

~Dreamer