Wednesday, June 4, 2008

GOING GREEN!!!

I looked at Conner as he drove. Man. He was ridiculously hot. If only he could break-out or lose a tooth or something. Something to make me LESS attracted to him.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked him. He grinned and looked over. “Listen,” I laughed. “I’m not scaling a cliff this time.”

“No,” he said, turning back to watch the road. “I think you deserve something a little more romantic.”

Wait. What? What was going on? Conner had been a jerk, a user, a LIAR. He couldn’t…start being romantic. I shouldn’t even be in his Jeep!

“Stella,” he sang my name. “What are you thinking about over there?”

I was thinking I was an idiot. “I was thinking you’re an idiot.”

“Me? Why?” He turned onto the freeway, pretending to be offended.

He needed to hear it. “You have a girlfriend. And she’s a bitch, but your girlfriend nonetheless. What do you plan to do about that?”

Conner pulled his eyebrows together. “What do you mean?”

My mouth fell open. “I mean are you going to break up with her?” My chest began to ache with what I knew was coming. I just knew what he was going to say.

“Yes. I already did.”

But that wasn’t the answer I’d expected. “You…did?”

Conner reached over and intertwined his fingers with mine. “I told you, Stella. I want you.”

I looked down at his hand. And smiled.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just going to say that Conner is a dirty liar. His hotness must have evil powers over her or something.

LOVED IT, Suz!

~Dreamer