Monday, June 23, 2008

GOING GREEN...

I shifted in my seat. Class started ten minutes ago and Brandi had yet to look at me. Pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that I dissed her brother to hang out with the idiot on the other side of me.

Conner coughed.

I glanced sideways at Brandi. She snapped her gum. UGH! I couldn’t take it.

“Are you pissed?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said without looking over. “You’re messing with my brother, Stella. You’re messing with him for THAT.” She jabbed her thumb in Conner’s direction. My face warmed with embarrassment. Humiliation.

“I didn’t mean to,” I whispered. I looked up to see Mr. Powell glare in our direction. Brandi and I both looked down at the lab table, pretending to be following along with the class.

“Becker liked you,” she hissed. “I thought you were cool, Stella. Conner has a girlfriend. And you ain’t her.”

Hm. That stung. “I’m aware of that,” I said as calmly as possible. “And I’m not going to see him anymore. I didn’t mean--”

“To get caught?” she finished for me.

Okay. She was actually starting to piss me off a little.

“Just so you know,” she said, snapping her gum. “Trish has probably heard by now. Everybody knows.”

My heart stopped. “What?”

Brandi turned to me. I expected to see a scowl, but she almost looked sorry. “Everybody knows,” she repeated. “You might want to watch your back.”

I gasped and spun to face Conner. The fool was sitting there, drawing musical notes on his desk. My stomach turned.

How did I know that lunch was going to SUCK!?
.

1 comment:

J.J. Carrera said...

Poor Stella. She's all alone in the world and it doesn't look like it's getting better anytime soon. :(

But, YAY FOR (hopefully) SOON TO BE CATFIGHTS! Is it lunch time yet?