Friday, July 11, 2008

GOING GREEN...

I looked across the Jeep at Conner. I knew leaving with him was stupid. Mostly because a.) I was supposed to get signed out by a parent, b.) My father was on his way and would FREAK when he found out I was gone, and of course c.) Conner was a complete and utter tool.

“What are you thinking about, Stella?” he asked, still watching the road.

“Wondering why I’m here.”

“Because you like me.” He smirked.

“You got me beat up today,” I said. “That alone is a pretty good reason to hate you.”

“And yet you still left with me.” Conner turned and when I looked in his eyes, I hate-loved him. He could be so right sometimes. Not this time. But he had been before.

“I’m going to be grounded,” I mumbled as we pulled onto our street.

“Good thing I’m just next door,” he said. “I can sneak in your window.”

Damn. Why was he being so charming? Why was he still perusing me? He had a girlfriend. Sure. She was a total wench, but still. They were going out.

Conner parked at my curb. I stared into my lap. I was so pissed at him, but when I was with him… I was helpless. A helpless fool.

“I can’t do this anymore,” I whispered.

Conner pressed his lips in a smile and then shrugged. “You say that every time, Stella.”

I sighed. He was right.
.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Suzanne...I just wanted to let you know that I read this post and it made me want to go back and read the whole story from start to finish...I'm hooked! I can see why you are being published...you are very good...I can't wait to read more about Stella and Conner...but just so you know...I'm hoping Becker will kick Conner's butt!..grin...

Lilfix (the blueboards)

Lapillus said...

I'm still rooting for Becker, too. Conner is definitely a tool, seriously. But, I dated a guy like him in HS so I can sympathize with Stella. My brain just didn't seem to function when that guy was around.

J.J. Carrera said...

I miss Becker. :( He needs to come around and nock Conner out of her brain. Conner's is like some fungal disease or something.

Stella STOP hanging out w/ that tool! Why does he make you loose your marbles? He can't be THAT gorgeous to put yourself through all of this!!!


<3 Can't wait for the next installment!