Thursday, July 24, 2008

GOING GREEN...

I nearly dropped the phone. Did he just say…

“Stella, did you hear me? I’m sorry. It was me.”

I swallowed hard. “You know I got in a fight today, right?” I asked. “Because of your big, stupid mouth.”

There was a shift behind me and I knew that my dad had come to listen to my conversation. Normally that would annoy me, but at the moment, I was too concerned with telling Becker to--

“It wasn’t all me,” he interrupted. “It’s not like you’re blame free, Stella. You knew he had a girlfriend.”

Ew. Was he playing the morality card? “How is it any of your business?” I snapped. “We aren’t dating. I hardly even know you!”

“Everything okay?” my dad asked from behind me. I lifted my hand, waving him away.

“You’re right,” Becker said. “It wasn’t my business. But I thought he was making a fool of you, and honestly, you were making a fool of yourself. I was trying to help.”

“Help?” Yeah right.

“Okay. Maybe not help, but resolve. Resolving is good.”

“Resolving sucks,” I mumbled.

Becker chuckled. “I see you’re taking the high road.”

I couldn’t help it. I smiled. “Well, Snitch,” I said. “Was there anything else you wanted to confess or can I go back to my grounding?”

There was a pause. Then, “One more thing,” Becker said quietly. “When you get off grounding, I’d love to take you out.”

Oh my God. Becker just got me beat up, called to apologize, and then asked me OUT? What was going on with the guys in my life?

“I’ll call you,” I said and hung up. Man. I needed therapy.
.

5 comments:

ejgriffin said...

Loving reading your blog and blog story. I can't believe how much you've written in such a short time! I'm new the blogger YA community and it's a really amazing feeling to see that I am not alone in this madness!

Thanks!
Emily

J.J. Carrera said...

YES! THANK YOU!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Lapillus said...

Haha, go Becker!

Brenda said...

If she doesn't date Becker, I'm going to...that girl is crazy if doesn't choose Becker!

brittanimae said...

That be some good dialogue. And I kinda want me some Becker too. There is method to his madness.