Sunday, August 10, 2008

GOING GREEN... (The continuing blog story)

Okay, so I was grounded for about two weeks. My dad’s willpower broke around then. And even though I wasn’t suspended from school anymore, I sort of wished I were. I was like a social leper. Completely ostracized. All because Becker thought it was his business to tell everyone about Conner and me. Jerk.

“Hey.”

I looked up from my lab table to see Conner leaning toward me, a smirk on stupid, hot face.

“Don’t talk to me,” I whispered and glanced toward my teacher. He was standing at the podium, flipping through a Science Digest.

“Stella,” Conner chuckled. “You might as well talk to me. It’s not like you have anyone else.”

Low blow. “I hate you.”

“No you don’t.”

“Do.”

“Don’t.”

Well this was fun. Finally I turned to him. “What do you want, Conner?”

“Let’s go out tonight,” he said. I stared at him.

Then, “Are you mental? Did you forget how your girlfriend attacked me?”

He laughed. “No. I didn’t forget. It was kinda funny.”

Ass. “No,” I said and shook my head. “Leave me alone. I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Fine.”

“Fine.” I glanced back down at my lab paper. My cell phone vibrated in my pocket and I slid it out to take a peek at my text.

lets go out 2night

I looked over at Conner and he smiled, his phone in his hand. Well, at least he wasn’t talking.
.

1 comment: