Wednesday, August 20, 2008

GOING GREEN...

During lunch I went to Math tutoring. No way was I going in the cafeteria to let Trish give me dagger stares. I was done with all of it. I was done with Conner.

The final bell rang and I rushed toward the front doors. Spending a day in social isolation was enough to make me cry. Of course I would never do that. Not in front of people.

“Stella,” someone called as I hit the pavement to run toward my house. I spun around.

“Becker?” What the hell was he doing here?

He grinned and leaned against his car. His cheeks were a little pink and that made me feel a better. I hoped he was embarrassed. He should be! He got me beat up.

“Do…” He paused and pushed his hands in the front pockets of his jeans. “Do you want a ride home?”
Oh. Didn’t he know I was pissed at him? I thought I’d been pretty clear.

“I can’t,” I said. I could, but he didn’t deserve my butt in his passenger seat. Not after what he did.

I turned and started walking.

“Please?” And he said it so sweetly. Not desperate, just… really cute.

I looked over my shoulder at him.

He tilted his head. “I’ll buy you an ice cream.”

I laughed. “An ice cream?”

“Or a Frosty.”

“Hm. I do like Frostys.”

“Yeah? You should definitely come with me then,” he said, opening the car door and motioning for me to get in.

I stood a moment, thinking. Hell. Why start now?

“Fine,” I said. “But you might just have to buy me a cheeseburger, too.”

“If you’re nice.”

I paused in front of him before getting in and sighed. My life just got even more complicated.
.

1 comment:

brittanimae said...

I'm a little behind, but . . . yay!