Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Fresh, you should slap it!

Yes. I took that line from a pizza place. Get it? Fresh. As in naughty. haha. My Gram used to call people fresh all the time. It really cracked me up.

Anyway, today is Fresh Start Day! I finished the final revisions on my novel and now it's time to start another. I have a few choices. I could finish a darker one that I have and love. I can rewrite a dirty one and make it more YA. Or I can just start fresh.

I picked FRESH!

But after three solid days of eating, cleaning, and sleeping... I'm tired. I know. I slept. But I'm still wicked tired! So I'm about to order Chinese food (I would rather poke my eyes out than eat leftovers), veg on the couch, and just before it gets dark, start writing.

Today's goal: Chapter 1!

Let's see if I can do it! Anyone else feel like starting a new book??

7 comments:

Tyler said...

I would, but I don't have a full story ready. Unlike you, my query is not my outline.

Plus, I'm going to Big Sur then Disney World in four days ;)

Sasha said...

I'm with you!

But I don't know if my story will be fresh enough to require slapping. Might need to take drastic measures to ensure that it is. :)

CPhodges said...

I wish! I'm still stuck on an idea I had a few yrs ago that I started writing then got busy w/ other stuff and left hanging.

Kindve like writer constipation. It's in there but I've just gotta maybe squeeze a little harder to get it to come out!

keri mikulski :) said...

Yup.. I'm between two ideas.. One that I must get done next year that I could get a head's start on or a new 'fresh' idea. I love the beginning. :)

Erik Smetana said...

Any story whose start involves the ordering of Chinese food is a surefire winner. Kudos on finishing the last MS and good luck on this one (as if you need it).

Rose said...

What pizza place?

Suzanne Young said...

Sorry, I can't remember the name of it but it was in Mesa, Arizona. Pizza Buono maybe?