Thursday, December 11, 2008

Going Green...(the story blog)

More to follow soon... you can start from the beginning with the Going Green labels at the side. :)


GOING GREEN:

Well Brandi was right about one thing. Everyone at school pretty much hated me. And you know, I was fine with it. I wasn’t all that impressed with myself either.

The only bad part about not having friends was that when the time came to buy a prom dress, there was no one to ask for opinions. Or at least, if you were lucky there wasn’t.

“I don’t know, Stella,” my father said as he lounged in the store’s waiting room chair. “I liked the green one better.”

Yes. I brought my father to help me pick out my prom dress.

“Green in Oregon?” I asked. “Do you want me to blend in with the trees?” I personally liked this red one better.

“The red looks a bit… trashy.”

I laughed. “Did you just call your own daughter trashy?”

“I said looks. You just look trashy, honey.”

I exhaled, turning in the mirror to study my rear, and then agreeing that I indeed looked a bit less than wholesome.

“Fine,” I said, putting my hands on my hips. “I’ll get the green one.”

“Score one for the old dude.”

“Ew. Please don’t use the word dude.”

“Score one for the groovy guy.”

“Oh my God! Stop.” My cell phone rang from my purse on the dressing room floor. I knew that ring tone. It was Conner.

“You gonna get that?” my father asked, standing up and stretching.

I looked back for a second, but then shook my head. “Nope,” I said. “I think I’ll just let that one go to voice mail.”

My father nodded but I swear as he was walking away to wait for me at the counter, he mumbled, “Good girl.”

1 comment:

brittanimae said...

Yes! I've totally been waiting. And I totally love this chapter. So much.