Wednesday, January 7, 2009

GOING GREEN (the story blog)

(Check the side links to catch up on the story)

GOING GREEN


“Cool place,” I said as we pulled into the mall. Becker looked sideways at me.

“Be quiet. I wouldn’t take you to the mall for a date.”

“But I thought it was so romantic.” I laughed. Hell, the first ten minutes of this date were better than some entire dates I’d been on with Conner. At least here I didn’t have to duck down so people wouldn’t see me.

Becker drove behind the mall and parked. I raised my eyebrow. “You’re kidding, right?”

“Oh, no.”

“You’re serious?”

“Completely.”

We were parked in front of Pin-O-Rama. A bowling alley!

“So,” I said slowly, looking over the concrete building with lit up dancing bowling pins. “You want me to wear rented shoes and throw heavy balls around?”

“Don’t be stuck up. Come on.” And he got out.

It wasn’t that I minded bowling. I’d done it once or twice in Arizona. It was just that I hadn’t expected a guy to take me bowling. On a date. When he was in college. I thought I’d end up at a keg party or something.

I got out in time to see Becker close his car trunk. He was carrying a bag.

“What’s in there?” I asked.

“Bowling shoes. You think I’m gonna stick my feet in those disgusting rented shoes?” He grinned.

“Mean.”

“You love it.”

And I kind of did.
.

1 comment:

brittanimae said...

Becker gets hotter and hotter. No joke. :)