Monday, February 9, 2009

GOING GREEN! The Story Blog

GOING GREEN- to catch up on the story, check the side links!


Should I call him? Should I? God. No, I shouldn’t. Conner was a tool of epic proportions.

I glanced at my phone, and then at the crumpled note he’d left me. I knew the only reason he'd “missed” me was because I was on a date with someone else.

There was no way I was going to call him. Ever.

My doorbell rang.

“Stella?” my father called from downstairs. “Do you want me to answer it or grab the bat from the garage?”

“Bat,” I said, getting up. I crossed the hall and bounded down the stairs.

“Good choice.” My father patted my shoulder as he walked by me toward the back of the house.

I stood at the front door and took a deep breath. Smoothing down my t-shirt, I opened the door and narrowed my eyes. There he was. Conner. All blonde and stupidly hot.

“What?” I asked.

He grinned and tilted his head. “You didn’t call me.”

“Should have been a hint.” Damn. Really, really stupidly hot.

He laughed. “Is Becker your boyfriend now?”

I wanted to say yes, just to hurt him. “Really none of your business. Why don’t you go harass your girlfriend? She seems like a fun time.”

Conner bit on his lip and looked me over. “You’re not being very nice.” He leaned on my doorframe and I almost closed the door. Instead, I stood there while he reached out to twirl a strand of my hair around his finger. “I’ll be nice if you will.” He grinned.

I couldn’t answer. When he was nice… the world was right. When Conner was looking at me like this, everything was okay. I wasn’t sad anymore.

“Stella?” my father called from behind me.

I jumped and spun around to find him in the entryway, bat dangling at his side. My face was hot, flush. But I smiled.

“Good night, Conner,” my father said without looking at him. He winked at me and then took his weapon into the living room with him. I turned back to Conner.

“Does your dad not like me or something?” he asked.

I let the stupidness of him wash over me and then I tilted my head. “Actually, Conner. I think we’re both just really over you.”

And with that, I slammed my door.
.

13 comments:

CPhodges said...

There's that tool again ;) lol

Lee Wind said...

Suzanne,
this is so great - I LOVE that you're serializing this just for the blog. It's something I've thought about but haven't acted on - and you're doing it so well! I'll be following the saga now that I've caught up!
Go, girl, Go!
Namaste,
Lee

Christina Farley said...

Such fun story! Love it!

Katie said...

fantastic! Good move! That dumb ol' Conner...

sraasch said...

Oooohhh burn! That's one of those things everyone wishes they could do but when the moment comes, they don't. Fabulous!

Lapillus said...

Hahaha - love that last bit of dialogue. Go Stella!

Angela said...

This was a great read--face paced and I felt what she felt. Excellent stuff!

Angela said...

Er, fast paced. See, I was so excited, I didn't spell check...;-)

Suzanne Young said...

Thanks, Angela! I was actually so excited by your comment, that I didn't notice the typo until you mentioned it. haha.

Thanks, everyone!!!!

Deb Markanton said...

Suzanne,
Discovered you via a JacketFlap blog. Couldn't stop reading. You grabbed me, threw me into the car and I'm loving every minute of the kidnapping. Just when I was thinking that Stella was a dumb-ass, I remember that I did the same thing in high school. Wow, you're good! Deb

Suzanne Young said...

Wow, thank you, Deb. And you know, I swear I have the same reaction when I'm writing it! haha. I'm like, Man! What is she thinking!? Then I realize, hm... part of this might be based on my real emotions.....

Thanks for reading!

brittanimae said...

Ah, sweet revenge. The dad/bat made me happy. Go Stella!!

Trish Doller said...

Hahahahahahaha! Go Stella!