Friday, March 20, 2009

So Say We All!!

Okay, time for a BATTLESTAR GALACTICA post. Tonight is the finale. The SERIES finale. My husband and I are turning this day into a holiday. Forget St. Patrick's Day, we're celebrating BSG Day!!!!

If you haven't seen this series yet, I beg you to pick up the first episode. It's a miniseries, and if you don't fall in love, you must be a toaster. :-) Kidding. I am a cylon-fan.

In fact, one the best lines from the Battlestar Last Frakking special was: I get to be a cylon. And chicks dig cylons.

So hubby and I are picking up some take-out Chinese food, a bunch of Coor's Light, and party hats(not really) and rock it like it's the last day on Galactica. Cuz it is.

I LOVE YOU, BSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. My husband tells me I'm his Starbuck. (aka: Bad Ass Chick!) :-)


10 comments:

PurpleClover said...

Aww you're his Starbuck. Too sweet.

I used to watch Battlestar but about a year ago it butted heads with another series (I'm not sure which) and I chose the "other" one. I wish I could watch tonight's but I think it would totally frustrate me to see the series finale and not have seen one since that long ago!

PurpleClover said...

Oh no...I just noticed. You are at 49 followers too. Egads! Now I have to go check Kimberly's blog. This is OCD at its worst!

sraasch said...

Haha, Starbuck. You should put that on a t-shirt. Sure would make people do the double-take.

holly cupala said...

So say we all! I have BSG refs in my novel...and that is just the beginning. Easter eggs for the initiated!

Suzanne Young said...

Oh, Holly! If I knew you loved BSG, I would have been talking to you about it all along!!!!

Heather said...

OMG, Starbuck, LOVE the picture of you and your backwards tank!

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I think that is the BEST PICTURE EVER!

Martha Flynn said...

I loved it!!! You'll have to let me know what you thought, too. The whole episode wasn't perfect, but I felt certain moments came close. I hope you liked it, too.

rebecca said...

You know I just got into this and it's coming to an end! ARGHHH!!!!! I started watching this season and got hooked instantly. The ONLY reason I took a gander at it is because I tape The View and Whoopi had said it is the ONLY show she watches and it has the very best writing on tv. So, I checked it out. And I became an instant fan. And, now it's ending!!!!! But they had a back-to-back full day showing of BSG episodes this week that are now filling up my DVR waiting for me to get through them! I never buy those series DVDs that you see in the stores, but this is one that I think I will have to get and get acquainted from day one.

EJ Griffin said...

I haven't watched BSG (that's what all the cool kids call it or so I hear- wink wink), but I may have to now.

I was this way over Buffy. In high school a friend of mine made me a Vampire Slaying Kit for my birthday. Complete with carved wooden stakes, a cross, holy water and of course, fishnet stockings. Because every good slayer has a pair. It was hilarious.

Hope it rocked. Love the pic!

Elle Charlie said...

LOVE the backward tank!!!!