Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CALL FOR PICTURES!!!

As I’ve posted before, I’m on the SCBWI Team Blogger for the LA Conference 2009. I’m crazy excited about this! So in preparation for the Best. Conference. Ever. I’m going to be posting The Friday Temptation… my way of convincing you to fly down to LA to hang out with us!!

This Friday I’ll have some feedback from recent conference attendees and in the Fridays to come, more fun and interesting things for you to look forward to!

Now, let’s talk costumes…

The LA SCBWI Summer Conference is all around fabulous, glamorous, and oh yeah, informative. But there is one very special event that happens on Saturday night of the conference… a costume ball.

If you haven’t been there before you might think I’m joking. I assure you, I’m not. These are CHILDREN’S BOOK WRITERS AND ILLUSTRATORS!!!! It’s a wild bunch.

So every year there is a poolside costume ball to which you can or cannot dress up. Last year I chose to dress as Fabulous and not in a costume (Rookie mistake. Apparently you don’t win anything for fabulous).

Those of you that did attend, can I have some pictures??? Inspire the rest of us uncreative souls!! If you’ve dressed up for the conference (any year) and would like to share a photo, I would love to post it on the blog!! Just email them to roskoebaby@yahoo.com and look for your mug on an upcoming The Friday Temptation!


5 comments:

Martha Flynn said...

costumes??? agh!! the pressure is on! just booked my hotel room.

Suzanne Young said...

YAY Martha! I can't wait to meet you!

sraasch said...

Why are all these fun conferences so far away??

Casey said...

You're killing me Suzanne! I ALREADY really want to go and now this - more temptation?!?

*Sigh*

Maybe next year. I just don't think I can make it work this year.

CPhodges said...

SAD SAD day. I'm going to miss this years summer conference b/c I'm spending all my money backpacking Europe then moving to Austin. So Suz, I will (unfortunately) be living vicariously through your blog posts.

I have some really great photos posted on my blog from last year! Just go back to '08 posts. I also went as "fabulous"...and comfortable for a first-timer conference attendee.