Saturday, April 18, 2009

Girl's Day Out

Sophie and I had a girl's day today. We spent a couple of hours at the beach where she played in the sand while I tried to finish reading a book, but I kept getting distracted by her yelling at the at the sand (because it wasn't packing right for her castles). Then we walked to go have ice cream and elephant ears. Took a few pictures to post, but still haven't finished reading that book!









Hope you all have a great weekend!

PS. We also got into a long conversation about why people kill animals and stuff them to hang on their walls. She thinks it's very sad and that bears and elks are nice people that shouldn't be killed. Aw....

8 comments:

Christy Raedeke said...

Okay, I think you need a beach intervention. Or maybe you guys just need to up and move to Seaside! Ah, Pig 'n Pancake every morning and elephant ears every afternoon!

Suzanne Young said...

haha. What's funny is that I hate water! And I would never dream of walking around in a bathing suit. But I found a way to occupy my kids... letting them dig in sand! haha. So if the sun is shining, we're going to the beach. New family rule. haha.

sraasch said...

So lucky to live next to a beach!

Lisa and Laura said...

So cute! Can't wait until Mia is old enough for a girl's day!! Hmm...maybe this summer.

Jennie Englund said...

Oh my gosh, I never would've survived the last eleven years of my kids' childhood without their digging!! Seriously!

Sometimes we'll go to the park and they'll make holes (in the volleyball court) for hours.

Here's another tip (from a fellow Oregonian): keep a full stock of rubber boots. Puddle splashing can last half a day during those rainy months.

If every baby came with a shovel and some boots, moms would be good to go!

PurpleClover said...

aww you make me miss the beach...wah.

Rena said...

Looks like you had a great day! That's a good question about the animals on the walls. They're a huge thing in Montana and even some of the furniture shops have them up. I don't think I could have one, but my neighbors hunt and have some stuff on their walls. I do think it would be cool to have a stuffed mountain lion, especially because I have a perfect place for one in my living room. However, I could NEVER kill one, so it will never happen. I guess I'll settle with wood! :)

Trish Doller said...

It's a good family rule!