Monday, April 6, 2009

Playing Hooky

I woke up this morning and looked outside to see another incredible day. Really, this hasn't happened in so long! So I called my kids into school, scooped up some towels and headed to the beach. Bad mom? Maybe. But did my children and I have the best day ever? Possibly.




I learned a lot. For instance, if I buy my kids a shovel and let them dig a hole, it'll keep them occupied for hours! While they tried to dig to the center of the earth I read from Evermore by Allison Noel. (almost done!)





After that, my husband called as he got home and I coaxed out to the beach too. We ran from the waves, ate fudge while the kids digged some more, and then decided to drive down to Cannon Beach. Cool rocks, huh? Goonies?


I am sunburnt. REALLY sunburnt. But you know, I can't remember the last time I hurt this good. lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!

6 comments:

Trish Doller said...

I'm glad you're taking a break, Suz. You needed it--and deserved it!

Caroline, Tessie, and I went to the beach yesterday, too.

jberk said...

If you're a bad Mom, every child should be so lucky to have such a bad Mom.

And yeah,that is where they filmed Goonies! (Probably you knew that.) We went a year ago to Cannon Beach. I got the best picture ever of my son:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/itridZtd94j75BuOUdS86g?feat=directlink

PurpleClover said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Suzanne Young said...

JOSH! You have the cutest family ever! And your pictures are better than mine. Jerk. :-)

Trish, me? You deserve a break! Come out here and we'll go tour old homes together. lol. Oh, and drink beers. We'll drink a little.

Thanks, Clover!

sraasch said...

Oh, so much fun! And I second jberk -- every kid should be so lucky!

Lisa Schroeder said...

Wow, will you adopt me? Oh wait, you make chicken that tastes like puke. Maybe not. ;)