Thursday, May 14, 2009

Such a cool day starring Melissa Marr!

I had a very cool day today! I've been excited for a while because I have been a huge fan of the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. And today, she was in Beaverton to sign books! Yay!!!

And I even got the chance to bump into her ahead of time while grabbing a latte. Here's the best part... she recognized me! I got all nervous and sweaty and babbled some incoherant things, but luckily Sophie was there asking her if she was my friend Elissa and stuff like that. SMOOTH!

Anyway, she is a wonderful speaker! Her talk was great and afterwards I got my books signed. I even got to see another author L.K. Madigan there! It was a night of awesome!
On top of that, my friend Sasha Vivelo sent me signed copies of her latest books (and I'm in the acknowledgements). So today, I feel super duper cool!
This author thing is sort of fun sometimes!!!!
(Me getting ready for the signing)
Me, Melissa and Sophie.
Sasha's Books!

6 comments:

Shelli said...

she is awesome - she was just here in atlanta. have you met her before or does she read your blog? how did she recognize you? thats even cooler

Christy Raedeke said...

Can you hardly wait until it's YOU that people are lining up to see?

Hope you have a blast at the conference this weekend!

Suzanne Young said...

I think she knew me from the blue boards, or AW or Twitter. But I'm such a huge fan, I was totally excited!

And Christy, that just really brightened my day. Thanks. :-)

Megan said...

I'm a big fan of those books. Awesome that you got to meet her.

Rena said...

Sounds like fun. Very cool that she recognized you too.

emily said...

thats so awsome that u got to meet her!