Sunday, October 18, 2009

Book Signing: Starring LK Madigan

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!! Today, friend and local author LK Madigan had a fantastic book signing!!!! Her book FLASH BURNOUT (omg, it's so good you have to read it!) is out now and SOLD OUT the entire stock in Powell's. The place was packed, like over fifty people packed!



LK started out with an amazing speech. In fact, she had me and Lisa Schroeder in tears. It was so touching, thoughtful, sweet. She told us about her journey, offered advice and threw chocolate at us!


Not just any chocolates. Chocolates with her book cover on them from A1wrappers!!!!! I NEED to do that!



Then she had a teenager (totally handsome, readers!) who came up and read from the book. We were roaring with laughter.



So many amazing writers, illustrators and artists in attendence. In fact, we even got a view as to what Clementine Pie will look like when she gets older! I think Laini and Jim will be proud. :-)



Well, it was an awesome book signing with awesome friends and I cannot WAIT for everyone to get FLASH BURNOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!



11 comments:

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

That looks like a lots of fun! Thanks for sharing. I've got a copy of the book on it's way too me :)

lkmadigan said...

Suzanne!

Thank you for the amazingly fun and full post! I don't even have to write one now ... I will just point people here. :-D

xo

Lisa

Kim Baker said...

You guys are putting us to shame with your local writing community camaraderie. :)
Isn't there a way that we can combine Portland and Seattle so that we can all get together more often?

Christy Raedeke said...

I am missing all the fun! And those tiny book chocolates? What could possibly be better?

RKCharron said...

Hi Suzanne :)
Thank you for the great post!
I loved the pictures.
The baby is sooo adorable.
So many great people having a wonderful time.
Those little chocolate books are an amazing idea.
Thank you again,
Rob
xoxo

Martha Flynn said...

This book rocks my socks. But now I want these chocolates, too!

Lisa Schroeder said...

Yay - great post!!! And great time! Thanks for driving. :) Next time I'll repay you in zucchini.

Sonia said...

Great post, Suzanne! Love the pictures!

Jennie Englund said...

You have so much fun, Suzanne! Illegal amounts. Seriously!

Shelli said...

grrr I need to move to Portland!

Keri Mikulski said...

I was just staring at Clementine Pie for five minutes trying to figure out if that was really the baby's hair - good one.

Looks like a blast! :)