Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day SEVEN without Twitter

Yesterday I hit my breaking point. I sent an email to a friend telling them that I was giving up on writing. That there was no point. That I was going to rewind time three years and be without any knowledge of the writing business. Because I'm a loser.

The response I got was: You have four freaking books coming out. So shut up.

That was a nice answer. So I promptly shut off my computer and went to the Science center. They had an exhibit about controlling fear. It was so fun!! I have to say, I was a total wimp!!!! And my husband wasn't much better (sorry, Jesse!). Yeah, ask him if he'll stick his hand in the Scorpion cage. See what he says. :-)

Kids loved it though! Oh, I even almost got my head chopped off in the guillotine. I screamed when it came down. Yes. I totally cracked.


Jesse--before he lost his head:
I don't know. I kind of worked it:
The fear of falling. Yeah, I didn't do that crap.
Then the kids got shot up into space!

After that we went to a mall where they had an indoor ice skating rink, but decided we'd have to come back another day. We weren't really dressed for it, and besides, my feet were KILLING ME!

Anyway, Day Seven and it's the last Twitterless day. But can I really go back? They say you can never go home again...

8 comments:

book weirdo said...

seems like the withdrawal symptoms are getting better,keep it up you can do it.

RKCharron said...

Hi Suzanne :)
Sorry I've been lax in commenting on your posts. I've been NaNoing.
Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed the pictures. It looks like your children had a blast.
:)
Love & Best Wishes to you & yours,
RKCharron
xoxo

Rita said...

Wow, that is such the cool exhibit!! I hope I get to test myself on it sometime.

(The word verification I'm getting on this, by the way, is PROVE. Interesting . . . )

:)
r

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I would go back...but just in small doses. You don't want to overload yourself.

And I want to go to that Science place. I would probably end up peeing my pants because I'm such a wuss about things, but it looks fun!

Jennie Englund said...

I can't believe how much LIVING you're doing!

And your friend--she's a keeper! I love the ones who tell it like it is.

julieduck said...

All I have to say is that it totally sucks without you on Twitter! Hurry back - your posts make me laugh!

- Julie

P.S. Ollie misses your hound updates

Lisa Schroeder said...

I will not be going to that exhibit! I hate being scared!!

And I agree - shut up!

Are you excited to be back on Twitter tomorrow? You got your book done, so it must have been totally worth it, right?

Bryan B. said...

Wow, I need to take MY kids to this...(of course by "take MY kids to this" I mean I will run around screaming in joy from exhibit to exhibit.)