Monday, December 21, 2009

Book Recommendation: FLASH BURNOUT by LK Madigan

This may be one of my first book recommendations. I don't usually do them because, well, I know authors personally and it sort of feels like I'm playing favorites. But... oh, what the heck.



I loved Flash Burnout! I finished it tonight and I'm so impressed! For me a really great book needs to have voice. An authentic voice or I can't get lost. LK Madigan is so freaking dead-on with her teen guy voice... it kind of freaks me out a little bit. haha. But more than anything, the HUMOR made Blake so relatable, I felt like I could be him. Or know him. Or have dated him. He was a real person.

To me that's the mark of a great book. I'm never good at summaries, so I'll say this: The characters--including the brother who I may or may not have had a crush on--are all great. The girl friend vs. friend triangle works in the most realistic way possible. And the jokes are never forced, but instead natural and dang funny!

If you haven't picked it up yet, please check out Flash Burnout. I know you'll love it!! And visit LK Madigan to learn more!!

Suz

And PS: Thanks for all the well-wishes. I'm starting to feel better. :-) Rock climbing next week, maybe?

3 comments:

lkmadigan said...

Well, what a nice surprise this morning!

Thank you, Suze!!!!!

xoxo

LK

Lisa Nowak said...

I loved this book, too, and second your recommendation. A great Christmas gift for a teenage boy. Or any fan of YA, for that matter.

Jenna said...

Ooh, looks like another book to add to my to-be-read list. Glad you're feeling up to par! :D