Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Girlfriends' Cyber Circuit: Starring Debbie M. Rigaud

Back again with another fabulous author from the Girlfriends' Cyber Circuit!! I have with me Debbie M. Rigaud! Her book PERFECT SHOT is releasing TODAY!!!!! Here's a little more about it:



PERFECT SHOT/Simon Pulse
By Debbie Rigaud
Release date: December 1, 2009
ISBN: 978-1-4269-7835-0
281 Pages

Synopsis:

What’s the wackiest thing you’ve ever done after a crush attack?

High school athlete London Abrams is more likely to spike a volleyball than wear spike heels. Yet in one crush-tastic moment, she signs up for a modeling contest as an excuse to meet the photo intern Brent St. John. But instead of getting a call back from Brent, London gets a call back from contest judges! Now she’s in a fierce modeling competition feeling out way of her league, and Brent’s camera is zoomed in to document everything. Suddenly, London’s not feeling so ready for her close up.

Hooray for PERFECT SHOT!

· First book in the Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies series to feature an African-American protagonist
· First book in the Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies series to be written by an African-American
· Features a multicultural cast of characters in a contemporary setting

Now, many of you know my love of America's Next Top Model. So this sounds like something I would DEVOUR!! Let's meet Debbie:


Debbie Rigaud began her writing career covering news and entertainment for magazines—namely, Seventeen, Twist and CosmoGIRL!. She’s interviewed celebs, politicians and other social figures, but enjoyed interviewing “real” girls the most. A total Jersey girl at heart, Debbie lives in Bermuda with her husband.
Thanks for taking the time out to answer a few questions, Debbie!
Okay, first question. If this were high school, which senior superlative in the yearbook would you score?
Most Likely To Be The Next Dear Abbey. I was the prototypical/bridesmaid-type gal pal--full of advice or comforting words.
What is one thing you wish you would have done when you were younger? For me, it's that I never studied abroad. How about you?
I wish that I would've studied ballet. It's to the point that I tear up when I watch ballerinas on stage. Seriously!
Now here's the self-promotion part: Can you please tell us all about your book? We have some book shopping to do!
PERFECT SHOT is a romantic comedy that follows what happens after sporty-girl London Abrams impulsively signs up for a modeling contest just to catch the fancy of the contest's cute photo intern.
So, say your book just got picked up for a movie (congratulations!) Who's playing your MC?
She's not as widely known, but I like to think of singer Teyana Taylor as London and I'd go with 90210's Tristan Wilds as her love interest Brent.
If you could take one literary character to prom, who would it be, and why?
Oscar from Junot Diaz's The Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. He was overlooked by so many girls because of his outward appearance, but Oscar's a gem a sweet, thoughtful, cool person. To me, that's super attractive.
And finally, since all of the other questions were so serious: What do you hope teens take away from your book?
I hope they challenge themselves to push past that uncomfortable, fish-out-of-water feeling and experience life without barriers.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your release day schedule!!! And I can't wait to pick up my copy of PERFECT SHOT!

7 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

This is on my list!! Yay for sporty books.

Great interview! Congrats, Debbie! ;)

Robolobolyn's Universe of Books said...

Ooou! This book looks like a great read! It's going on my to-read list asap! :)

RKCharron said...

Congratulations Debbie M. Rigaud on your Release Day! Thank you to Suzanne for introducing you & your novel to me. I enjoyed learning about you and your writing.
Thanks for sharing,
All the best,
RKCharron

Bee said...

Ooh, wow!
And that was such a fun interview. I love Girlfriend's Cyber Circuit!!

<3

Andrea Cremer said...

You have an award over at my blog, stop by to pick it up if you'd like :)

Tara McClendon said...

What a fun idea. I can think of so many stupid things I did over crushes. I'm glad none were caught on film. :]

Debbie Rigaud said...

You guys are amazing. Thanks for all the love! There's nothing like supportive responses to ease those debut-author jitters. My best to all of you--and a special "merci" to Suzanne for posting. Hope you enjoy the read! :-)