Friday, January 15, 2010

Let's catch up with Team Blog-SCBWI NY Conference

Hey! It's almost time for SCBWI's annual winter conference in NYC. So excited!

Okay, let me be real for a second. I've mentioned before... I'm terrified to fly. It's a problem I've have for years, my husband teases me about it endlessly, and I feel like no one understands. To show how insensitive people can be--last night my husband watched a special on what really happened when the plane crash-landed in the Hudson River.

When I pointed this out, he was like, "Oh! Sorry." AND WENT TO CHANGE IT! I told him, "You can't change it now! I need to know how to survive!"

Guess what I had a nightmare about last night?

Sigh. Where was I? Right! The wonderful conference that is on the other side of the country (a loooong flight across the country) It's time to check in with the awesome Team Blog and some of the interviews you may have missed! Look for us at the conference (we'll be the ones constantly on laptops or tweeting) and be sure to say hi! We love to interview people!!!

Also, if you can't make it to the conference (deciding to stay safe on the ground) you can still follow all of the action on the SCBWI Conference Blog. Interviews, videos, pictures--all sorts of wrap ups and events. See you there!!!

Check this out:

Lee Wind has Eddie Gamarra for a pre-conference Interview
Jamie Temairik is finding out about Peter Sis
And Jolie Stekly took time to chat with Jenn Bailey

8 comments:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Im with you, I hate flying it totally fresk me out, I mean how do you stay up there? Aaaah! But so glad you're coming to the conference, Ill be there with my whole critique group, The First Novels Club, so hope to meet you and say hi! :-)

Suzanne Young said...

That's awesome, Frankie! Definitely come by and say hi! I'll be happy to meet you!

Suz

Lisa Nowak said...

Suzanne, if your flying anxiety is that bad maybe you should talk to your doctor about getting some kind of tranquilizer to take before you fly. If you're not into that, maybe having a beer in an airport restaurant before you board will help. Just make sure you stop at one. We don't need to hear about you dancing in the aisles on the evening news. ;)

Suzanne Young said...

haha, Lisa. Don't worry, the bar at the airport knows me well. :-)

Aimee said...

I couldn't make this up if I tried.

I had a dream last night I was asked on a date by Woody Harrelson, Elijah Wood, and Tiger Woods. Not in that order.

Let's not interpret.

lkmadigan said...

Can't wait to read your updates - we will miss you!!

xo

Lisa

Christy Raedeke said...

Can't wait to follow all the fun at the conference! So sad I won't be there in person... Have fun!

Tara McClendon said...

Have fun at the conference. As for flying, it helps me to know that more people are killed by hippos each year than die in plane crash. I mean, really, hippos. Now if there happened to be a hippo on the plane, that'd be a whole other thing.