Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Dream Realized!

It finally happened!! I went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory-one of my top five goals!! I've been talking about it for ages, and today was the day.




We were able to watch them package cheese and then--and this was my favorite--sample all the different kinds!!! In the end my family left with ice cream and I left with a giant pepperoni stick. It was a blast!

Next up, we decided to find a lighthouse. When we got there we saw that the road was shut down because some d-bags decided to vandalize it. Who would do that? Well, either way we hiked to it and it was fantastic!


And my son got to realize one of his dreams,too--seeing something in real life that was from Ripley's Believe it or Not! The Octopus Tree.



Finally we just HAD to go to the airplane museum. It was in a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, hangar. It was used to store up to 9 blimps--covering 5 acres!


Me and my husband tried to act all Top Gun. I'm the showoff and he's intimidating:



It was a great, exhausting day. Back to the weekly grind. We'll see what next weekend has in store!

11 comments:

Martha Flynn said...

omg that's like THREE dreams come true in ONE day

Daisy Whitney said...

You go on the best adventures with the family!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

You are taking some awesome field trips lately!

Julie Duck said...

... but did you bring back any cheese?

- Julie

Suzanne Young said...

You're so right, Martha! It was like the best day ever.

Thanks, Daisy :-)

JYTBB- We have been busy! I love it here!

And Julie, nope. No cheese. We got to taste a bunch of cheese, but the drive back was too long to take it with us. But believe me, I feasted while I was there :-)

Christina Farley said...

Wow! What an adventure. Sounds like a blast!

Must Love Books said...

There is a type of cheese we always get when my family goes to the cheese factory. We call it squeaky cheese cause when you eat it, it squeeks. So cool.

That little hike with the tree is amazing. There is a certain area that if you look down the cliff it looks like the end of the world.

I love Tillamook!

Jonathon Arntson said...

That looks like an awesome day! I am a major cheese lover...but I am lactose intolerant. I take pills, and they help, but I miss the freedom. Wisconsin is one Lake away, so my parents go there throughout the year and bring back major loot.

Valerie Geary said...

Squeaky cheese!!!!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

A cheese factory? I bet that was the greatest place ever! I love cheese.

And your Top Gun pictures are very cool!

Jennie Englund said...

Aw... Fun! (but a little "cheesy.")