Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Picture Book: I Hate My Brother So Much

My daughter was very excited last night about her latest picture book. Both my kids love reading and writing, so I wasn't surprised when she was waving her latest creation around. I was trying to finish up Catching Fire when she said, "Mom, mom! Do you want to read my new book?"

I was thirty pages from the end of CF!!! So I halfheartedly said, "Sure. What's it called?"

"It's called, I Hate My Brother So Much."

At that instant both me and my husband instinctively looked at each other in that silent parent communication. She later changed the title to, "My Brother is in Love" (to irritate him) and tried to ruin the pictures. But here's just a little taste of her magic. Hey, Scholastic Book Club, are you watching this?? haha

11 comments:

Dahlia (TheBookShopaholic) said...

You have creative kids =)

elissa said...

hahaha that's awesome!

Kelly said...

The book doesn't fall far from the bookshelf! :)
Love the pic with the tongues sticking out!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome!! Kids are great - love the tongues :)

Casey McCormick said...

Hahaha. So awesome!

Emilia Plater said...

LOL. I love this.

Lisa said...

LMAO! I love the pic with the tongues. Very creative :)

Jennie Englund said...

Another something super nifty on your blog!

How/where do you find all these neat things???

Glen Akin said...

lmao! HAHAHA! Man, your daughter is a legend in the making. Hahaha i bet u're jealous she came up with that awesome book idea before you did

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Your stories about your daughter always make me laugh! I love the book-and her artwork is awesome!:)

Beverley BevenFlorez said...

Oh, man, being interrupted with only 30 pages left of Catching Fire is a crime. You should get mother-of-the-year for sure! :)