Saturday, May 1, 2010

YA Author Panel: Starring LK Madigan, Lisa Schroeder and Me!

Today me, Lisa Schroeder, and LK Madigan did a YA panel down at the library in Corvallis, Oregon! It was so much fun! And thanks to our friend Bryan Bliss for setting it up!



I got to show off my covers--the covers I described as portraying the desperate struggle between life and death. And then I think I may have compared my road to publication to a family trip to Disney World.



Our girls showed up! Love ya, Ashley and Sarah!



One of our favorite bloggers from The Eager Readers not only showed up, she brought flowers!! AW!!!!



Bryan is obviously stoked being this close to me. It must be my amazing charm (don't comment anything mean, Bryan!)



And then we broke it down old school.



And finally we headed out to dinner (my feet are sore from walking around!) :-)


It was a wonderful day and a wonderful event. I had SO MUCH FUN!! Thanks to everyone who came out!! It was so great that I hope I can make it down for the release of SO MANY BOYS! And then I'm getting a hot dog :-)

xoxo
Suz

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome! Looks like you had a blast. Can't wait to read So Many Boys!

lkmadigan said...

You are so industrious!!!

I just woke up, and you've already blogged about our trip. O_O

It was so fun!

xoxo

LK

Robby said...

Must. Read. So Many Boys. Now.

Must Love Books said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Wish I could have came but I had to work :(

Bryan B. said...

What was forgotten in this post was how we pointed in Suzanne in the direction of a "bank" and switched restaurants (hence the line, "my feet are sore from walking around!). Somehow she found us...



That was nice, right?

Suzanne Young said...

Robby, I wish you could too! Hopefully I'll have real copies soon!

And Bryan, let's be truthful. It was when you guys would stop the car for me to get in and then pull ahead when I got there. For ten miles. Jerk.

Jennie Englund said...

That looks like so much fun!

And is that there some roominess in the thighs of your jeans?

Oh yeah!

Suzanne Young said...

haha, Thanks, Jennie. It could have only been better if you were there. :-)

Violet said...

It was awesome to see you on Saturday! Thank you so much for coming to Corvallis! :-)

P.S. I am super impressed by how quickly you posted this, and I love the pics of you and Bryan!