What do you think? Who would be on YOUR list?
Take it away, Kari:
I thought it was only fair to give some attention to our hot girls in YA. The exist. They drive a lot of the kick butt books we love. Maybe we focus on and drool over the boys… but there’s room for the girls. And here is the ten hottest chicks in YA, as dubbed by me and based on books I’ve read.
10. Tessa (The Naughty List by Suzanne Young): Sure, many girls get a hotness level based on their badassery. And yeah, Tessa is a little bad ass. Excuse me. She’s strawberry smoothie. But face it. She bagged Track Pants Boy, she can do a mean herkie, and is a ninja spy that looks good with a fannypack. She also gains power from a cheer skirt. That’s right. Fantasies spark because every guy (and yes a few of you ladies) want a girl in a cheer skirt.
9. Meg (Going Too Far by ): She has blue hair. Do you really need anything else? She’s got looks, despite the hair and piercings. She’s well controlled, even when she’s doing something stupid. Hey, she knows it’s stupid but she’ll do it anyhow. She’ll challenge you. Make you work for it. Push you to your limits. And bring some pretty darn good spark to your life.
8. Brittany (Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles): She’s got great, ahem, assets. Okay fine, Brittany’s downright hot. Maybe a little stuck up and air headed but plenty of boys dig that. Not to mention, there is a brain in that pretty little head of hers. She also knows how to handle the Fuentes boys which takes a certain kind of woman. This mamacita would make a good trophy wife… she just wouldn’t stand for being one.
7. Katniss ( by Suzanne Collins): Team Peeta or Team Gale? Who cares. Katniss doesn’t need either one. She’d wear the pants in the relationship anyhow. She’s the girl on fire. She’s the girl who outsmarted her opponents. She’s the girl who survived the effin Hunger Games. Face it. This girl would run any guy into the ground and still come out on top.
6. Jacinda (Firelight by Sophie Jordan): She’s a half dragon. Is anymore needed? She breathes fire. She’s downright beautiful by human and draki standards. Besides, when a book starts with the hot protag getting naked with another girl…? Uh huh. I just got your attention, didn’t I? In her defense, she was about to go all kick butt draki and clothes don’t quite accommodate wings. Jacinda can take care of herself but she wouldn’t mind a little loving. Just don’t make her mad; she’ll blow steam out her nose and burn you.
5. Isabel (Shiver/Linger by Maggie Stiefvater): There’s a sweet, sensitive, caring girl in there. Just dig a little. Little more. No, a little- there you go. Yeah, see? She’s in there. But apart from that, though it is an extra perk to get through the hard candy shell to the sweet center… Isabel is hot. Isabel is blunt. Isabel will tell you if you don’t measure up. She’ll hold her ground for what she wants. She’ll wear the pants- and strip you of yours for enjoyment. She’s also a damn fine kisser.
4. Dru (Strange Angels by ): Dru ranks on badassery alone but she’s definitely got the looks going too. Sure, she gets scared and screams like a girl but she still fights the beasties. She thinks on her feet even when she’s freaking out. She can take on a school full of blood driven, horny boys. She might be developing an appreciation for the smell of apple pie. And she ties people up in their underwear.
3. Rose (Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead): All the boys want her- human and vampire alike. She’s got curves. She’s tan. She’s a pretty classic beauty. And she’s feisty, snarky, and sarcastic. She’s a fantastic fighter and fears very little. Those tattoos? Yes. They’re hot. They’re also proof of just how freaking bad ass she is. Admit it girls, even you want a piece of this. She also knows how to move… and not only in battle.
2. Isabelle (The Mortal Instruments by Cassie Clare): She’s got the looks. She’s got the screw you attitude. She’s also a bad ass fighter, devoted to her family and loves her brother like a mama bear on crack. Mostly stuck up but if you chip away at her, you’ll find some warm, gooey goodness. You just might need a few thousand pounds of dynamite to get there. Oh. And she has a whip and knows how to use it.
1. Ridley (Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl): Ridley would turn a gay man straight and a straight woman gay. She’s a five alarm fire and about as hot and out of control as you can get. In fact, I think she might spark some girl love from Rosalie Hale. She’s just that hot. Even Lucifer would crumble before this wicked little seductress. Mix the looks with the evil, throw in the sexy clothes and awesome tattoo and finish it off with the lollipop in her mouth? Ladies, hide your husbands and protect their manhood. And wipe their mouth. They’re drooling.
Thanks, Kari! I have to say, I'm a huge fan of Dru from Strange Angels. But there are so many great characters I could never choose a favorite!
Now for comments. Who would you add?