Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mockingjay Release

Last night was the midnight release of Suzanne Collin's final book in the Hunger Games trilogy MOCKINGJAY. And I was there! It was super fun and the first thing I did when I got my book was open to the last three pages and read. Yep. That's how I roll.

But no spoilers here. Instead, PICTURES with my friends Lisa Schroeder (dressed as Katniss) and Sara Gundell!



The scene outside Powell's City of Books. The line wrapped around the building, but when 12 hit, it moved super fast. Big thumbs up to Powell's!



Catching up on CATCHING FIRE in line. Luckily me and Sara are both Peeta fans (BE QUIET!) so we reread his makeout scene.



Things got a little tense in line...



But we worked it out.



And finally we got inside:



And all was right with the world....




Enjoy the book!!!!!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Too fun! Love all the photos, and looks like y'all had a great time. I just picked up on my own copy and have it sitting on my desk at work, right within my grasp... must resist temptation... and not get fired...

Sara said...

The photo of the three of us in line is adorbs. I'm going to steal it.

Once I suck the pics out of my camera, I'll send 'em to you & Lisa! :)

Anonymous said...

So loving your pics! Gotta love Powells! I wish I would have realized they were doing a midnight release. I think it's great you dress up. :)
Angel

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

cheater! reading the last few pages....

Jill Wheeler said...

Love the cornucopia they had set up!

Suzanne Young said...

Jill, Luckily Lisa had her bow and arrow so we were able to snag our copies and escape before getting hurt. :-)

Lori said...

That looks like so much fun!!! There was no release parties where I live but I downloaded it to my Kindle at Midnight. No I have to go buy too!
Anyway, your post made me realize how many great costume ideas will be available for (hopefully) Hunger Games movie releases in the future!